My husband came home from work one day while I was cooking this soup, and he remarked that the house smelled like a snowman’s nose. :)
YOU WILL NEED:
• 6-8 medium organic carrots (about 3 cups worth when chopped)
• 3/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp sage
• (Optional: a pinch of cane sugar if the batch of carrots is bitter)
• 4-5 cups vegetable and/or chicken broth (I love Imagine brand)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Chop the carrots and place them in a medium-large pot.
2. Add all of the spices to the pot, too.
3. Pour enough broth to cover the carrots, and bring to a boil.
4. Boil until the carrots are nice and soft (about 8 minutes should do the trick).
5. Remove from heat and add some more broth so it’s nice and liquidy.
6. Puree with an immersion blender.
7. Feel free to stir in some more broth depending on how thick or thin you prefer your soup.